Has any one helped you pack your goods before and be ready for your removalist to pickup your goods ?
Here at John’s Furniture Removals we offer a full packing service which includes breakables pack (ie.your fine china ) through to a full household , garage and outdoor area pack .
If you are looking at packing your house up yourself why not use a few of these quick packing tips to help get you ready .
JOHN’S FURNITURE REMOVALS HAS BOXES FOR SALE. JUST ASK US WHEN MAKING YOUR ENQUIRY
- First thing is first . Make moving fun . A change is always as good as a holiday so lets help you through your move.
- Pack all your items that are not needed urgently prior to your move , packing is a much more time involved task than what most people think. Try packing one room at a time and allow plenty of time to pack a room to prevent confusion as you go.
- Make sure all breakables are wrapped sufficiently before placing into boxes.
- Always tape top and bottom of boxes ensuring you have labelled box with room and contents.
- Pull all beds , cots , tables . swingsets , trampolines etc apart to ensure more room in the truck and to allow a quicker more efficient removal.
- Any items that will fit into boxes should be placed into boxes to allow easier and safer transport.
- Any televisions , computers , dvd players , stereos etc should also be placed into boxes unless you cannot find boxes large enough ( ask what boxes we have available also)
- If you are moving your fridge or freezer into storage placing tea bags or bi-carb inside helps to prevent mould.
- If you have a ute or van and want a cheaper move try moving all the small/loose items/boxes yourself prior to your moving day so its only big items that need moving . cuts your costs/time in half.
- Don’t forget to pack a priority carton or two which may include the likes of your kettle, coffee, tea, pet foods, keys, remotes, medications, toilet paper, mobile chargers etc. Easier than searching through all your cartons when you need these things urgent .
- Don’t overload cartons. Don’t place books or files into tea chest size cartons, use book cartons for smaller heavy items to assure they travel safe and the cartons don’t break.
- Any liquids , condiments etc should have a secure lid before being placed inside cartons.
- Fuel , full gas bottles , explosives , flammables etc are to be moved by owner.
- All pet beds / kennels / cages / fish tanks / bins should be cleaned and empty ready for transport.
- Empty fuel from lawnmowers, whipper snippers etc prior to transport .
- Don’t forget to prior arrange your electricity, gas, phone, water etc for your new home so its all done before moving day to allow us to plug in appliances after transport so you are good to go.
- Remember the first tip. Make moving fun. Find things you thought you lost , clear out that shed or cupboard you ‘ Are going to get around to one day ‘.
We hope we have helped to point you in the right direction, so no time like the present. Make a start now so your not rushed on moving day.
We look forward to being of service to you.